Grow Awry

Grow Awry

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Women Under the Influence... of Film

I found a way to combine two of my favorite passions: film and public libraries.

I created my very first research guide for a course in my MLIS program that ended up being perhaps the most exciting project of my graduate studies so far. I decided to share it on this thing because I have been so busy with school and my new job that I haven't had a chance to reflect on any non-school/work related things for months now. 

I created a guide to learning more about women filmmakers for Kern County Library patrons. What this means is that I conducted some serious heavy duty research and created a web page where I organized each type of source (books, electronic articles, DVD's, online websites) with a compiled list of available sources that can be found in the the Kern County Library system through the ValleyCat catalog. Each material is presented with a link that takes you directly to the item in the catalog where with your library card you can request the item to be sent to your local branch. For the electronic articles, you can download them directly onto your device after providing your library card number. COOL.

I plan to update and change things here and there in the future but for now the first draft is completed and ready to be utilized. So, in case you were interested in learning about women filmmakers and wanted to use your library card to access this information...






Image above is a screenshot taken from Seven Beauties, directed by the marvelous Lina Wertmuller



No comments:

Post a Comment