Grow Awry

Grow Awry

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Earlimart, CA II







        Today I would like to give thanks to the town of Earlimart, California. Although I do feel that I have become very disconnected with that place and its culture since I moved away, I will always feel a sense of comfort in its familiarity. I am thankful for my step siblings, my step mother, and her arroz mexicano which to this day is still the best I have ever had. I am thankful that my dad still lives in that little old house so that I can visit and immerse myself amongst all of the sweet and funny Mexican customs that were once such an integral part of everyday life. I am talking about the little things, such as the soft sounds of a boiling pot of beans... the aroma of rice being fried in oil... the distant melody of Los Bukis playing on the radio outside…

Here I have a collection of photos of Earlimart as you can find it today.



















No comments:

Post a Comment